The Center for Physical Rehabilitation's Spine Alive program consists of a comprehensive approach in the treatment of spinal disorders. Our therapists utilize eclectic physical therapy principles including the essentials of the McKenzie Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy. Each clinical site has a certified MDT (McKenzie) physical therapist. By maintaining a healthy spine through a regimen of correct spinal and core exercises the patient is able to return to their favorite activities sooner.
Lack of core stability (strength of the abdominal muscles, trunk extensors, and gluteals) is a contributing biomechanical factor in lower back pain. Lack of flexibility in the thoracics (mid-back), lumbar region (low back), hips and legs also is a major contributing factor to low back problems.
Our treatments may include:
- Manual therapy techniques such as myofascial release, acupressure, passive stretching, joint mobilizations, etc.
- Instruction on proper posture and body mechanics.
- Dynamic Lumbar Stabilization (DLS)/core exercises.
- May use modalities for the acute pain and muscle guarding such as electrical stimulation, heat, ice, ultrasound or mechanical traction.
- Individualized home instruction in proper stretching and strengthening for your diagnosis.
Our physical therapists are highly trained in and most commonly treat:
- Low Back Pain/ Lumbago
- Neck Pain/ Cervicalgia
- Lumbosacral strain/ Back strain
- Spondylosis/ Spondylolesthesis
- Post-surgical laminectomy or fusions