Here are some successful tips I’ve learned through the years to combat the holiday pitfalls to a healthy lifestyle:
1. Exercise! It’s hard to fit it in with shorter day light hours and extra demands on time but Exercise makes us happy and more productive. Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that leave you feeling happy and relaxed. It boosts energy by delivering oxygen and nutrients to your tissues to help you get everything done. Exercise also gives you confidence and self-esteem too which can add to your holiday swagger.
2. Be realistic in your expectations. Probably not a good time to try to loose those extra 5 pounds form last year, maybe just try to maintain your current weight.
3. Get organized. Acknowledge that the hectic pace will effect your schedule. Be creative and intentional in your time management. Be flexible in fitting things in and ask for help in getting things done.
4. Plan for some cheat days. If you pad your expectations, those tuff days wont derail your whole plan. If you miss a day, tomorrow is a new day.
5. Find ways to stay accountable. Find a buddy, sign up for a fitness event, or join a corporate wellness program at work.
SO..get moving and have a Jolly Holiday!
www.mayoclinic.com › Home › Healthy Lifestyle › Fitness › In-Depth